In line with the Australian Government’s commitment to reducing the regulatory burden on business, ASQA offered a package of regulatory reform initiatives in 2014. This included ASQA providing selected registered training organisations (RTOs) with the ability to manage their own scope of registration.
These RTOs are able to add new training products to their registration without applying to ASQA and paying an application fee.
An ASQA delegation is approved for RTOs with a strong history of VET compliance and who make frequent and extensive changes to their scope of registration. It is a functional mechanism enabling these RTOs to manage their own scope of registration.
To be considered for a delegation, an RTO is required to demonstrate they:
- have appropriate systems in place to manage the delegated function
- have a history of frequently adding to scope
- a strong history of VET compliance over a full registration period.
In deciding whether to proceed with consideration of a delegation, RTOs are urged to:
- consider the benefits and implications a delegation may have to their organisation and business processes
- consider its ability to comply with the responsibilities and obligations of an ASQA delegate
- compare the costs to the benefits of accepting the responsibility of amending your own scope of registration.
List of RTOs with ASQA delegations
|RTO ID||Delegation start date||Delegation end date|
|90003||Technical and Further Education Commission|
|4687||Box Hill Institute|
|0101||Canberra Institute of Technology|
|40939||Central Queensland University|
|3059||Swinburne University of Technology|
|22175||Y Learning & Development Pty. Ltd.|
|30895||Xamerg Pty Ltd|
|5210||Mater Education Limited|
|90720||Hammond Institute Pty Ltd|
|40074||Status Works Pty Ltd|
|90403||Boral Construction Materials Ltd|
|22094||Australian Childhood Foundation|
|90171||MTC Australia Limited|
|1373||YWCA of Canberra|
|4909||Federation University Australia|
|3097||Wodonga Institute of TAFE|
|22341||Total Business Services & Training Pty Ltd|
|32052||Future Skills Limited|
|70045||Karen Sheldon Catering Pty Ltd|
|0417||Gippsland Institute of Technical and Further Education|
|3094||Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE|
|0442||Department of Defence|
|3046||Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology|